Location: Stearns Center, Room G12
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Louise Kursmark’s popular seminar will be similar to the one presented in 2017 with current examples and updates.
Despite growing competition from LinkedIn and other online sources and services, the resume remains the primary document for anyone seeking to find or change employment. But resume writing, format, and design have evolved and changed. If your knowledge of resumes and your advice to clients are based on strategies and practices from ten, five, or even two years ago, it’s time to update your expertise and learn what works today.
Topics to be covered:
- Learn best practices for writing compelling resumes in the 21st century
- View examples and participate in exercises to learn how to write more concisely– to retain essential information while reducing clutter to increase impact
- Understand current trends in resume writing – what’s new and what’s different
- Acquire new techniques for capturing critical information from clients and writing powerful accomplishment statements
- See before-and-after resume transformations showcasing strategies taught in the session
- Address the differences in creating resumes for human eyes and for Applicant Tracking Systems
- Gain fresh ideas and up-to-date techniques for writing cover letters, e-notes, and other job search correspondence
Using ideas and content from her latest books, Modernize Your Resume and Modernize Your Job Search Letters, Louise will provide the most critical and up-to-date information to help career counselors and coaches guide their students and clients in creating powerful career marketing documents.
Facilitator: One of the leading resume writers and trainers in the United States, Louise Kursmark has been helping job seekers and career professionals create compelling and meaningful career marketing documents for more than 20 years. In her Boston-area private practice, Best Impression Career Services, Louise works with senior executives in career transition. She also co-founded Resume Writing Academy, the world’s first comprehensive resume training program, and has written or co-written more than 20 books on resume writing and career management.
The first person worldwide to earn the Master Resume Writer credential, Louise is also a Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Employment Interview Professional, Certified Job and Career Transition Coach, and Credentialed Career Master. She was a founding board member of Career Thought Leaders and has also been a member and volunteer with Career Directors International, National Resume Writers Association, and Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches. She speaks frequently to both career professionals and job seekers.