The CCC is a warm and welcoming professional association for career counselors and career coaches, both in private practice and in organizations. The CCC also welcomes members who are new to the field and interested in learning more about the profession. For 20+ years, members have found the CCC to be a key to their professional development. There are many benefits for the low cost of membership.
- 5 Best Practices Roundtables (Virtual) - 60 or 90 min lunchtime (12:00pm EST) discussions facilitated by a leader who is interested in and knowledgeable on the topic. For the first 10-15 minutes there will be a brief presentation on the leader's own experience and best practices with the topic. Then they will lead discussion, questions and/or breakouts for the remaining time to allow participants to discuss and share their own best practices. Note: These 5 sessions are being run instead of a conference. (Non-member pricing: $30)
- Discounted Professional Development Seminars (PDS) – This core element of the CCC provides high-value intensive training to career development professionals at very reasonable prices. Offered 5-6 times per year on relevant and cutting edge topics in the career development field. The seminars are facilitated by regional, national and (starting this year), international experts. Members get a discount of 25-30%!
- Networking – This year we will be running virtual Networking Happy Hours. At minimum, 1 in the Fall and 1 in the Spring. All networking events are free to members. Many CCC members share wonderful stories of how the people they met through the CCC helped them professionally. We all know that one of the keys to success is growing your network! Connecting with CCC members has helped new and seasoned professionals gain “best practices,” learn about job openings, seek new resources, and make new professional friends. (Networking Nights are free to members and $15 for non-members)
- Virtual Book/Video/Documentary Discussion(s) - An advantage of being a CCC member is participating in book group discussions on books selected by our Board of Directors. Each book will be from leading authors on career counseling ideas and theories. (Free for members and $25 for non-member)
- Access to Member Library - Members can access a library of self-assessment tools and some of the past CCC meeting presentations.
- Career Counselor Search Directory –This database, open to the public, is a great opportunity for private practice career professionals to promote themselves. Only CCC members are eligible to be included in the directory.
- Job Announcements - Members receive emails with current position openings.