- The event begins at 8:30am with registration, and ends at 2:30pm with closing remarks from US Congressman Langevin. A breakdown of the session times are below. Free parking, directions to follow.
- You can register for the event while your membership is being processed.
- To begin a new membership or renew your membership (both Individual and Institutional), just go to our website, complete the form, and then you will be sent an invoice for payment.
9am WELCOMING REMARKS
9:30am KEYNOTE: Dena Davis True North Challenge
Finding purpose and fueling action. This is a motivational session that merges research with practical application, to provide professionals with the tools to change their lives and the lives of the people they work with. Dena will explore finding meaning at work, commitment, and enthusiasm.
11am BREAK AND VENDOR TABLES
11:30am WORKSHOP 1 (Choose 1)
Session A: Award-winning career development specialist and owner of Peak-Careers, Jim Peacock Happenstance Happens: How can we help clients choose majors / occupations using happenstance? This workshop is an examination of how life circumstances, and “chance,” lead to opportunities, and how to build a plan from these.
Session B: Panel discussion on Re-entry into the workforce: life is complicated and there are many different reasons that we may be out of the workforce for an extended time; such as military service, incarceration, health, or caring for others. This panel discussion will explore the various needs of individuals and paths to return to work.
Meaningful work keeps us motivated and effective in what we do. Network and learn with colleagues from higher education, K-12, community based organizations, private practice, and workforce development.
· Patrick Lennahan: Professional Publication Made Easy
· Jill Holloway: Resource Hub
· Organizational Change
· Professional Development for Me
· Working with Difficult People
1:30pm WORKSHOP 2: (Choose 1)
Session A: National Board Certified Counselor, and Master Career Counselor Ellen Weaver Paquette Using Genograms with Clients: Constructing Reality. Get to know your client’s perception of self, using a venogram analysis, to help those who are “stuck” or who are fulfilling another’s vocational dreams.
Session B: Dr. Drew and William Massey Return to Work and Reintegration: A Holistic Approach – the data and the strategies, learn more about the need for effective work reintegration and holistic strategies that foster success.
2:30pm CLOSING comments from US Congressman Langevin, Raffle