Modernize Your Resumes
Presenter: Louise Kursmark
Location: Virtual (a Zoom link will be sent to you a few days before the event, after registration)
Date: Friday, Nov 12, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
This is Part 1 of a 2 Part Sequence. You are encouraged to attend "Modernize Your LinkedIn Profiles" on Friday, November 19th, but this is not mandatory. Register for Part 2 here.
Despite growing competition from LinkedIn and other online sources and services, the resume remains the primary document for anyone seeking to find or change employment. But resume writing, format, and design have evolved and changed. If your knowledge of resumes and your advice to clients are based on strategies and practices from ten, five, or even two years ago, it’s time to update your expertise and learn what works today.
Topics to be covered:
- Learn best practices for writing compelling resumes in the 21st century
- View examples and participate in exercises to learn how to write more concisely—to retain essential information while reducing clutter to increase impact
- Understand current trends in resume writing—what’s new and what’s different
- Acquire new techniques for capturing critical information from clients and writing powerful accomplishment statements
- See before-and-after resume transformations showcasing strategies taught in the session
- Address the differences in creating resumes for human eyes and for Applicant Tracking Systems
Using ideas and content from her best-selling book Modernize Your Resume (2rd Edition), Louise will provide the most critical and up-to-date information to help career counselors and coaches guide their clients in creating powerful career marketing documents.
Louise Kursmark is a career storyteller who has been crafting branded resumes and career documents for more than 20 years. She is the author of some two dozen career-related books, including 3 titles in the MODERNIZE YOUR CAREER series with co-authors Wendy Enelow and Jan Melnik. Louise was the first person worldwide to earn the Master Resume Writer credential, has won 6 “best resume” awards, and was a founding board member and executive director of Career Thought Leaders and the Resume Writing Academy. A resident of the Boston area for most of her adult life, she currently resides in Plymouth. Among her favorite things in life, in addition to her friends and family, are traveling, biking, visiting baseball stadiums around the country, and sharing success strategies with a (virtual) room full of career professionals.